Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda VTX1300S

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by VTX, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Hi Netrider cruisers,

I've had my Honda VTX1300s for 7 months now, have 9000ks on it, and love riding it, a great bike to own.

I live in the Illawarra and regulary ride the 'Grand Pacific Drive"

I'll post some pics once I get to 5 posts :roll:

2. Here's some pics

This is my photoshopped chrome effect pic.

3. Oooh, nice :grin:
  4. thanks for looking South_Oz
  5. I'd almost have one of those. I'd need to take a hacksaw to those huge guards however. Otherwise Honda are not far from the mark. I might be inclined to loose the footboards too. gone off them in my old age.
  6. Welcome aboard VTX
  7. ..each his own... I quite like the retro look with the guards and footrests. it isnt supposed to be a crotch rocket.
  8. That is a beautiful machine. Green with envy.
  9. Footboards are VERY comfortable on longer rides.
  10. Looks great , love the colour
  11. thanks for looking guys. :)
  12. I love the look of these, especially with the titanium engine highlights....reckon some white-walls would look superb on this beastie.

I've got the little brother (VT750) and find the torque a load of fun. The pulling power of that 1300 must be awesome.

Here's a pic of my rear rack which I put on when I removed the pillion seat.
  13. Nice rack martych,
    what pipes are you running on your 750 ?
  14. The pipes are from Vance and Hines, I think they're just called 'Cruisers'.

They're extremely loud....a bit too loud for me, especially as I work shift work and use her as a commuter. I found some 4" baffles on Ebay ($20) which fit straight in.
    Still got that nice sound but about 30% less noise.....I think my neighbors appreciate the mod :p

The original exhaust just had to go. It looks (and weighs) like something off a Kenworth.
  15. :? :? :? :?
  16. Nice bikes in this thread.
  17. Hey VTX - How is the bike going.

I am looking at investing in a second hand model (2007). Have you any for's and againsts that you care to tell us about?
  18. Hi Kelby... I'll jump in here and say that I have had my VTX1300 for almost 12 months and I LOVE it! It's a great ride IMO. It is effortless to ride, responds nicely to twists of the throttle and purrs along the highway with ease. Wife and I did 250k's today, Gold Coast, BrisVegas, Redcliffe, BrisVegas, Loganholme, Goldie and had a ball. Obvious things like sore butt after 1 1/2 - 2 hours, but as I understand it, they all do that! And it can be fixed with aftermarket seating I guess.

19. sLowBrian,
    Gone and got me one. Picked it up last Thursday. 2007 so it looks identical to yours but with a screen and a front crome fender guard. Clocked up 600km and having a blast. In regards to the rear suspension, what do you recommend for setting it up.

20. Hi Kelby,
    Congrats on the bike! Waiting on some pics now matey.....

Setting it up?? Ummm I just left it how I found it! LOL.... I guess I have adapted to it, although I found that when my wife is on pillion, it seems to handle better!