Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda VTR250 Safety Recall

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by tomohawk, Jun 28, 2008.

1. I would assume that this should be placed in the Maintenance section, however as this pertains to a wide variety of VTR250 riders, I thought here would be more visible.

I received a letter from Honda MPE on Wednesday,

As it doesn't specify a year, (mine is an 07) anyone with a VTR250 would be wise to call up with their VIN handy to confirm that this does or does not apply to your bike. This is particularly important if you bought second hand, as Honda wouldn't likely have your details on file.

2. Cheers Tomo ill be giving them a buzz first thing Monday

3. Is this for real?

I just searched the net and came up with:
    http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recall_detail.php?Recall_ID_Auto=15576

But this has a date of April 2008, so why are we only hearing about this now? I've not received anything from Honda MPE.... :shock:

Unless going by the serial range, mine is not affected:
    2006 JH2SC36U*6M800001 to JH2SC36U*6M801064.

Mine is JH2MC...

4. Yes it's for real, though I too am a bit concerned that I only just heard about it. Even more worryingly this recall appears to have been listed both before i bought the bike AND before it had a service... why has it not been fixed! And why was I not informed when I bought it...

5. I received the same letter last week too. Getting it checked out this week.

6. How do you know it hasn't?

Why should they :?

7. Because! :grin:

The answer to the meaning of life right there....

8. No dude, the true meaning of life is 42! :cool:

9. Thanks for that tomohawk.............I'll ring tomorrow too just to be on the safe side.

Cheers

10.  Top
  11. ...and me.

I'm not really bovered, but then I don't want to spontaneously combust either, so will get it checked out a-sap :)

12.  Top
  13. Honestly I think the recall should be done purely because the car has the name "Scag".

What the fk were they thinking?