Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda VTR250 new muffler wont fit

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by anonymoustas, Mar 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. #1 anonymoustas, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2016
    Hi i got this new jre exhaust and fitted it and it hits the swingarm and dont no what to do? Advice needed.

2. Anything is possible. It's a little hard to tell how the muffler hangs from the bike further back. Often there is a band around the body of the muffler it is a sort of a "clamp which holds the muffler on the hanger.

Is the pipe that is visible in the pic part of the Muffler? - That is, is the join further on to the right. If both of those things are true, then you've got a chance of dealing with it yourself.

Is it possible to loosen the band and the pipe and rotate it? This may allow one to swing the front of the muffler away from the swing arm by rotating the muffler. Tighten it all up if it can be made to clear. That would seem simple, if it is possible and it often is. NB you need to aim for more than 10 mm clearance.

That's what I would try first, IF it is possible. Other posters may have other ideas.

The bottom line is to take it to a muffler shop, who can reshape the pipe so as to move the muffler further away from the swing arm. A good muffler shop can do that sort of thing. It's not a big job.

3. How does it sound? I am thinking about getting the same exhaust!