Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda VTR 250 2010 Exhaust wanted

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Husslez, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Hi fellow riders, i want an exhaust it could be slip on or full system. I don't know of where in Sydney i can get one made up. I am not good with putting it on or whatever so i will get a mechanic to put it on, or jave a mechanic supply and install one.

If you guys can lead me in the proper direction to go about this.

All i have seen is on Ebay a full system IXIL for 699 or thereabouts. That's fine but i want to know if there is shops in Sydney willing to whip something up for my little beast and get her sounding like the V Twin she is.

Help appreciated.

Thank you ☺
  2. Please, please, don't!

A noisy exhaust on a VTR250 isn't going to make the bike go noticeably faster or better.

It's not even going to save you very much weight.

Your bike (IIRC) is an EFI machine, so you won't be able to retune it to suit the changed exhaust.

About the only thing that a noisy exhaust may win you is more attention from the police.
  3. Yeah i don't really want to make it go faster or anything like that. I just want to hear my bike and warn other people on the road im there.

It's not about anything else honestly.
    Plus i know i will be having the bike for at least a year and a half.

Retune as in? You won't be able to put a slip on. Just a full system would it affect it.
  4. Maybe some extra noise works for some folk....<shrug>.... but, if you have the time and inclination, go to your nearest Fire Station, or Ambulance place and chat to some of those drivers.

Lit up like Christmas trees, and sounding like the end of the world, and they still have folk pull out in front of them. :mad:

It's really up to you to not be where other drivers decide they want to be. That's what you really have to work hard at learning.
  5. Yeah i agree with you on all that your saying honestly.

I am still learning the roads and where to position myself in the lane.

But i still wantan exhaust and i hope someone knows somewhere i can get it done. I have the money ready just need a place. If not i will just order the IXIL full system off EBAY.