Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

honda vt250f modifications?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by markwearspants, Jul 12, 2009.

1. hi there. im just wondering if anybody knows any cheap and relatively easy modifications that can be done for a 1983 honda vt250. peformance based. just to squeeze a little more power out of it. thanks heaps!.

2. Im not sure what sorts of things you can do, probably getting everything running as new is probably your best bet for power as it won't cost too much. You can make upgrades to make it have a little bit more power, but you will be spending lots of money for only a tiny power gain. However if you have lots of money than feel free to go ahead. As to what you need to get done for more power i dont really know though sorry. Im not trying to put you down im just making sure you know that it will be expensive to get a little bit of extra power. I had the exact same thoughts as you when i got my first bike but im saving so i can get a better bike next.

Link broke basically it said:

- New exhuast
    - New airfilter
    - Then get rejetting after both of these to make sure the engine will run well
  3. cool thanks mate