Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

honda vfr 750

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by karlos, Oct 14, 2006.

1. hi i am thinking of buying a 94 vfr 750 and want know is there any faults or anything that that would assist me thanks :?

2. apart from the 'normal' checks. TOP bike very good value for $$$$$ if you can find a good one
  3. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone with a bad opinion of the mighty Viffer. My brother has a red '94 model which he's had for years, it just keeps goin' and goin' and goin'. His only complaint is that the bars are a fraction low for long tours, but you can get 'risers' to deal with that. Get one with as good a possible service history as you can and it'll reward you with years of service..

Start here .... http://snipurl.com/yzkc
  4. Pull the seat off and have a look at the colour of the plastic 30 amp fuse holder (next to the battery). If it's a discoloured, sooty brown colour then it's goin to go south soon. Regulator/Rectifiers failing (overheating) were common enough but not expensive to fix.
  5. Excellent bikes, you could do a lot worse. Very reliable (except for that regulator issue). Will do everything pretty well and go for well over 100,000 kms before you need to touch the motor if looked after.
  6. thanks everyone for your help
  7. They're only just run in at those kms :) Should get near double that if maintaned properly. As mentioned above, regulator/rectifiers seem to fail with alarming regularity. The hot tip is to get the early finned ones & only mount them with one bolt -allowing them to expand as they heat without causing the components to fail. Make sure you have good earths as well. Shocks tend to get tired at around the 50,000 km mark. Fork springs are way too soft as standard. Can't remember what spring rate works but with 15 weight oil & heavier springs they can be hustled along pretty damn quickly :)