Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recall Honda - Various 250cc to 1300cc Honda motorcycles

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Honda — Various 250cc to 1300cc Honda motorcycles

Product description
    Various motorcycle models ranging from 250cc to 1300cc

Identifying features
    Please see attached VIN and Model List.

What are the defects?
    Excessive sealant may have been applied to the starter solenoid during manufacture.

What are the hazards?
    The engine may cut out while riding and, in the worst case, a short circuit may occur that could result in a fire in the wiring harness.

Where the product was sold

Traders who sold this product
    Authorised Honda motorcycle franchises

Honda Motor Company Ltd

Supplier's web site
    Honda Home - Honda Australia

What should consumers do?
    Consumers should contact their nearest Honda motorcycle dealer and arrange to have their motorcycle inspected and, if necessary, repaired.

more »

Attached Files:

2. Flaming heck!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Is it just me, or is the VIN list incomplete, compared to the number of model where the fault is indicated?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thats going to be an expensive recall for Honda.
  5. Oh. Awesome. I just dropped my VTR250 off for some work on the front forks and thought, 'No problem, I'll just fire up the little CB125E!' Only to discover it on the recall list. As well as my sons bike. Double whammy.
  6. Just checked my CB500X, VIN is just a few units too early to be affected by the listing, still going to swing by the dealer next week to be sure.
  7. Update. This list is incomplete because the VIN numbers of bikes affected is still being compiled. Apparently there is a lot of them and it's taking a while.