Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda V25 (Cruiser) VS RoadBike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Commando_NSR, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Hey guys,

Just thought I would bring up the discussion of a cruiser over a road bike. my first bike was a NSR150 SP (little pocket rocket) which was fun while it lasted. I have since moved onto a Honda V25custom which you may know is a cruiser!!

I do like the more comfortable and good looking cruiser but am missing the cornering and racer feel of a road bike. Has anyone done this change and moved back.

Also if I am going back to a road bike I am looking at a VFR 400 (maybe VRF not sure). Whats the feedback on this particular bike?

Cheers,

Jake [/b]

2. Can of worms there mate!

I've not owned cruisers but the further I've got into riding bikes, the more 'un-sporty' I've got . I'm not going back in a hurry.

What do you want a bike to do? Some bikes will give you a bit of both. Do you have a full licence?

3. What about something of a compromise between the two? Like a naked sports?

Of course the sitting position is similar to a sports bike but generally more relaxed and upright (no cruiser though of course). They still handle like a sports with a short wheelbase and small rake angle and of course performance to match.

4. I dont have a full licence as yet so I think thats why im in between. Once I get my full licence, im looking @ a CBR600RR. I love them. I dont want to waste money on a 250 or 400 road bike until I get my full. Although I might be able to go all out and get a 1300 Hayabusa.

Are you guys coming on the blue mountains run tomorrow or?

5. I wish I was going on the ride tomorrow.

It would mean I have an actual bike to ride.

6. I've owned 3 VFR400's (NC30 model) (2 roadbikes), and still have one (trackbike), great bikes. Don't be put off by their small capacity, they punch well above their weight when it comes to speed and handling.

Straight line speed is not far behind the first generation of sports 600's (i.e. 97 gsxr6), but it's the handling which most impresses on these bikes. They handle similar to a sports 250, but are more planted mid corner, which inspires a lot of confidence.

The V4 engine can be fiddly to work on, but needs little maintenance, and has a fantastic reputation of being bulletproof if the oil is changed regularly. Spark plugs are expensive, but shouldn't need changing often.

Many will tell you not to touch the bikes because they're grey imports, but I doubt these same people will have owned them, parts are plentiful if you know where to look; due to their popularity as a roadbike and also still raced in the Formula 400 and Tristate series.

Regardless of all else you read about them, go and test ride one. I gurantee you'll have a grin from ear to ear when you jump off.

Oh, and if you haven't already heard one with a racepipe on, do yourself a favour...