Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Touch Up Paint - any experiences

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Middle Child, Sep 20, 2011.

1. So unfortunately some lovely member of the local community knocked the Blackbird over for me. I haven't managed to thank them in person, but I am looking forward to the opportunity.

In the mean time I have a few light scratches to the front right panel and wing mirror. I was thinking of maybe a touch up pen or even a some light sanding and then painting the scratches?

Does anyone have any experience with this? Are Honda paints easy to match?

Attached Files:

2. erk, I don't like your chances, that looks like the same colour that's on my Hornet, and if it is it's a candy-apple paint and it's a bear to touch in
    anyways, you should have a little sticker under your seat with the paint name and probably also the original batch number
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Looks very much like the RHS of my blue blackbird. Mine is Candy Tahitian Blue (2003/2004), there was also a Candy Pheonix Blue (2000/2001 ish) and 2 tone blue with Candy Pheonix Blue base (2005)

A bit of cutting compond then some polish is your only hope. And that is just to minimise the visibility of the scratches, you will never get them out. Re-paint is your only real option as I have never found a touch up for it.

• Like Like x 1