Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda + styling = glaucoma

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Nimrod's Son, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Hot on the heels of the '08 fireblade, '07 600rr and bob-tailed Moto GP laugh inducers comes the cb1100r. Isn't she a beauty?

Honda know how to bring the fug. And lets not forget their love of decals.

2. [​IMG]

Gorgeous. IMHO.
  3. I'm not a fan of the retro colours, but I do approve of the look.
  4. What a Sexy Beast!

Sorry but you're seriously wrong on this one. Progressive styling exercises ala 08' CBR1000 (which is the first jap sportsbike I've liked in years) can be divisive, but retro styling is either right or wrong, and there's a big yes from the general community to the new CB1100's. Let's not forget the gorgeous CB1100F naked concept that is it's brother

I'll be seriously pissed if they dilute the concept when these things inevitably come to production.
  5. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^HOT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Love the lines of that tank.
  6. And a hearty 'Amen' to both the above comments.

May I suggest, Nimrod's Son, that it's not you who Honda are aiming at, but Nimrod senior, because he would remember this .... http://www.eskimo.com/~carcosa/Rpics.html

And if he has a soul at all, he would probably sell his son to have one of the new models, since the originals are unobtainable.. :).
  7. I'd love to own either of those bikes they are gorgeous :cool:
  8. Isn't that strange ??? I was reading about thses 2 bikes in a bike mag over the Xmas break.
    I thought then (and still do) that if I won lotto, these 2 bikes would be at the very top of my list.
  9. I'm an oldish dude (mid-40s) and saw those designs first time around... and I still think they're fugly.
  10. I read that CB1100F is supposed to go into production in 2009... I think I'll start saving now because I love the simple, clean look of this bike with not a hint of anime or transformers anywhere in sight. None of that try-hard 'edginess', just elegant simplicity and functionality. Fantastic!

As for CB1100R, as I wrote in another thread that got deleted for no apparent reason, I think the bike on the whole is just fine, I just can't get over that fairing that makes it look like startled C3PO - it's those two deep seated headlights, just the wrong size, just the wrong distance apart... but if they'd reshape the front, I could love this bike too.
  11. I'd still pay the 45gs for the original (if I HAD 45 gs :oops:).