Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Spada CDI

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by arenwick, May 20, 2011.

1. My Honda Spada has two burnt, beyond recognition, electrical components on the CDI board. I'm hoping that someone out there has a good one they can look at at tell me the specs of the capacitor and diode that no longer exist on mine.

Have a look at this pic and you'll see which ones I'm talking about.
    http://meerkatmufflers.net46.net/images/P1010033.jpg

Thanks

2. That looks stuffed! ...sorry to state the obvious.

How'd it happen?

3. I realise that it might be, but $2 worth of bits from an electronics shop will soon prove. I think it looks worse than it is because the epoxy goo on the board has burnt as well.

I don't know how it happened, I bought the bike cheap because it had 'an electrical' problem.... I think I found it...

4. Need to get the schematics Me thinks. Wonder if he plugged it into the wall to charge the bike ???

5. The schematics would be fantastic! Do you know where I might find them? I've had no luck so far.

6. You probably won't have much luck with schematics of the CDI, automotive people treat these as replaceable rather than repairable. Wiring diagram for the bike is usually the best you can do. Unfortunately it is in their interest to sell you a complete replacement rather than have you repair it. :(

Good Luck.