Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Spada 250 problem

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by GuttedEwok, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Hi all.

Small problem with the bike that has arisen in the last couple of weeks. It usually idles around 1500 rpm. But sometimes when I pull up the at the lights it will sit at 3000 - 4000 rpm for 30 seconds to a minute, then drop back down to normal. Is this a cold weather thing, or do I have a problem? I know i'm not leaning on the throttle or anything, and the choke is not out.

2. perhaps your choke is sticking...just a suggestion :)
  3. Lube your throttle cable and linkages.

If it's still doing it check you rfloat levels.

does it happen when you turn your handle bars?
  4. Sounds like something is sticking.
    Is your throttle snapping back when you stop or do you have to make it go back?
    Try lubing the throttle assembly the cable and linkages and see if that has solved it before you start farting around with the carb.
  5. Thanks guys. It's definitely not the choke, I've already checked that possibility. And no, it's not when I turn the handlebars. Handlebar position doesn't affect it at all. I'll lube the throttle cables and see what happens.