Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Silver Wing 600cc

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Scoota Girl, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Hey I heard that Honda are bringing out the Silver Wing 600cc. Has anyone heard anything about it? I currently have a Honda Forza 250 and will be upgrading when I'm off my restrictions.

2. Hey Scoota Girl

I've seen the pics and a bit of a report on the Silverwing. Looks like a pretty awesome machine i reckon. But unfortunately got no idea if/when it would come to Oz.

Let us know if you find out anything.
  3. I rekon your Forza 250 is the best looking scooter out there! If I was going to get a scooter I'd so get your model..the new model looks so fat

humm...handbrake turns hahah

4. Thats what my boyfriend keeps joking about :p
    Its actually quite a talking point - what the purpose of the handbrake is

I can't wait to see the Silverwing and see how big it actually is, I missed it when Julio Languiller rode it around Australia :(
  5. Anyone know the price range for the Silverwing? & if it's available here in Oz?
  6. the instuctor at HART told me that it is coming, but they are just trying to decide on a price. it will definately be over $10,000 - a new yamaha t-max 500 is $12,000 so i would guess a similar price
  7. Niiiice. Looking forward to seeing it when it hits our shores.

I have to admit, if I was to upgrade tomorrow, it would be to a big fat maxi scoot. I couldn't see myself riding anything less than 250cc unless I really had to.
  8. A guy has just toured around Australia on one of them!

They are really comfortable to sit on!

I believe Redwing Honda (Heidelberg) and Jeffrey Honda (FT Gully) both have one at the moment.

9. ooohhh, Jeffrey is around the corner from me. I might have to pop in today and see :)
  10. Received this from honda:
    "Cannot confirm pricing as of yet, but we expect the Silverwing to arrive in mid Dec.
  11. I finally got to see the Silverwing today at the expo and sit on it! I can't wait to get one :)

They are apparently going to be ready in late November for $12,000
  12. I had waited 6 months for the new Honda Forza to arrive in Aus, finally gave up two weeks ago and went with a Yamaha T-MAX 500. Boy am i glad I did !

I figured if i'm spending this kind of money why should I wait. I have heard lots of good things about the TMAX and was more impressed by the design and performance over the Silverwing...and it's available NOW !

What do you like about the Silverwing?