Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda shadow wiring

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by Hugo_B_Hugo, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Hey all,

I have a Honda shadow vt600 1997, and snapped the turn signal button on the left switch block. I haven't been able to find a replacement switch block from honda/wreakers/or online. Does anyone know if I could use a different year or models switch block? Or have any solution.

Cheers
    Hugh

2. I'm sure that your local dealer can help you source one new, though it may be costly. I usually use Partzilla to see what parts are interchangeable, and in this case it looks like that particular switch block is only for the VT600C and VT600CD (but don't take this as bible and be sure to check for your model as my link may not be the correct one).

The button itself may be able to be repaired until you find a replacement? The overall mechanism is usually very simple and robust for bikes.