Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Paint Decals/Masks?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by UDLOSE, Sep 14, 2008.

1. I've got a '96 cbr900 thats been resprayed in plain yellow. It looks a bit boring so i'd like to put some blackouts on it, preferably the factory ones.

What I'm wondering is from the factory are the black/purple bits painted or are they decals? My guess is that it's a bit of both.

Can the paint masks or decals be purchased from anywhere? I've scoured the net and found plenty of places that sell the fireblade and RR decals but I can't find any info on the blackouts?

If anyone can point me in the right direction with this it would be greatly appreciated.

2. that colour is for a 97 model and its not a solid yellow,its pearl yellow...colour coe is Y140P and the decal ordering tail code is ZC...so for example the stripe on the tank is 17512-MAS-750 ZC for yellow,ZA for white and ZB for black
  3. Thanks for the info mate.

So do you know if the lower part of the faring is painted black or is all the black one big decal?