Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda or BMW

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by brettw, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Hi,

I'm currently in the market for a tourer. I've looked at the Honda St1300 but there seem to be some resonably priced BMWs out there as well. I'd appreciate peoples thoughts and comments

Thanks

Brett

2. Tried an FJR 1300?

3. brett, would really depend on what you are wanting. I have an FJR and for me what sold me the heritage of the FJ's, hard luggage, tourability, shaft drive, comfort, handling and ooohhhh that motor. The FJR looks great with or without the luggage fitted and for me that was important as I wanted a bike that may not be perfect in any one area, but was good at everything I wanted it to be good at. That may be city riding, touring or light scratching. For me the ST was nice, but at the same time was too nice if that makes any sense. Plus I did not like the look if I removed the hard luggage. The BMW's are different and from what I have seen do what is intended of them well. They are generally well designed and based on reliability. Many little things on the beemers are still not even considered by the main japanese manufacterers. That being said the BMW's didnt have an FJR motor!!!

Dont know if that helps....

Cheers

4. As a BMW rider i would say go the BM
    As a logical person my advice is to go and test ride a few different bikes and see which suits you best.

5. Truism of the computer industry used to be "No-one ever got fired for buying IBM"
    Truism of the touring industry has always been "No-one ever got fired for buying BMW"