Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda NSR250

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by Kersh96, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Hi all, I was wondering if any of you guys/girls have a honda nsr 250 and what oil to use for the pre-mix?

2. I used to use castrol in my RGV you can get it at supercheap for an ok price, better to put a reminder on their website fkr when it comes up on special

3. Pre mix? Pretty sure they had a reservoir from memory.. I used either Belray or Motul in my '99 NSR 250SE when I had it though.

4. They do have a reservoir but couldn't think of the name when I made the thread. But I heard that the oil pump was a bit weak or something so that is why I put in pre mix.

5. What model do you have? I absolutely love the NSR's and would love to get another one one day.

6. '91 MC21 R model

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oil pumps are fine in all the NSR models. If it's working and setup properly, you'll be fine.

What did the previous owner say about hte oil pump and has it had a history of seizing?

8. I don't remember what the previous owner said but the engine did seize or something like that

9. ok, what mods have been done to the bike?

The seize may be mods related, or lack of maintenance.

10. Nothing that I am aware of in terms of mods. ended up finding the exhaust flange on the front cylinder was broken