Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda NSR150SP questions - with pics

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by DominicNSR, Apr 17, 2011.

1. G-day all

Had a good read through many topics, great site.

I have some general questions that haven't be covered in the other thread.

Firstly my battery as you can see below is cactus. I have tried to revive with no luck. I'm located in Brisbane. Does anyone know what type of battery (model #) I need to get and where from? Prices and general info on this would be great.

Secondly as you can see below I am missing a screw and metal clip thingy that holds together the left side piece and the rear tail light part. Sorry for my slang, just getting used to things. It is annoying as I'm not sure where to get a replacement and I assume it will fix the noticeable slouch on the left side.

Thanks Dom
  2. Service manual says
    Not sure about the clip/bolt.

Service manual thread
  3. battery world dude. they really know their stuff, and if they don't they just need to look it up.
    as for the bolt/clip, i fit's the same kinda setup as mine, you want something called a captive nut
    buy from autobarn/supercheap or similar and just grab suitable bolts
  4. New battery fixed everything!

Anyone know the procedure of checking and tightening the drive chain?
  5. vague memories of something on the wheel behind the sprocket. manual would be your best bet
  6. Got the manual.

For the life of me I cannot find a captive nut the right size. I wonder if Honda would carry them?

It says in the manual that the drive chain slack is 35mm, I assume they mean 3.5mm?

7. nah when you pull down in the middle of the chain (bottom half, half way between the sprockets), in that same place push up, that distance the chain moves needs to be 35mm