Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HONDA NSR 250 MC28 ???

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by petrochemicals, Jun 12, 2013.

1. I might be able to get my hands on a Honda NSR 250 MC28. I'm thinkin of going back down to 250 2strokes from the cbr 600 im on atm. Im not the biggest bloke (a smurf actually...lol). Anyway, ive owned the older MC21 nsr before and loved it. My question is, are the MC28's able to be de-restricted or not ??? You always hear people saying they are so much harder to de restrict. Ive heard about the spliced wires etc. Do you bypass the card start ? Should i just get the MC21 instead you think ? Would the same 300cc big bore kits fit the MC28 motor as well ? I have every intention on rebuilding and going over everything. Any other pros n cons would be much appreciated (y)

2. Is it the one at cranbourne motorcycles?
  3. Nope...
  4. It's been a while, but I have ridden a few MC28s in standard and with ''power up'' kits. From memory it was not easily reversed, you kept lights and the PGM card but bypassed the speedo, so had to run a digital bicycle one.
    The power is better top end and feels like stock down low. They are a better ride than earlier ones and RGVs, turn in and brakes are awesome, but that was years ago and sport bikes have come a long way.
  5. hmmm....sounds like a lot of fk:eek:n around. I havent ridden an Aprilia RS 250 yet. Maybe thats more the go... easy parts etc. Ive heard they handle pretty good ? :pompous:
  6. Hi mate, check out tygaperformance dot com, they have some great info on modifying these bikes.