Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda NSR 150 2001 sp Bottom end Rebuild

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by chappy5891, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Hi there. I've been looking around an havent been able to find any information on the bottom end of a honda nsr 150 an i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out.
    the bike had a knock in the motor at around 4,000 rpm for quite some time but recently while riding it the gear box seized up in 6th gear and left me stranded, needed to be picked up :). when we got it home, we managed to get it back to nuetral and it started and rode around in first gear, to get to second gear and there up was a struggle. since then we have dropped oil through it (it was slightly matallicly) a few times and it has freed it up more.

if any one has any info about the problem, parts, or links it would be very much appreciated.

we have a machenic that can do the work but hasnt been able to look at it yet he also mentioned that the gear box may be a cassette style?? (put in, pull out).

thanks, chappy.
  2. i did have a NSR150sp manual somewhere but i have seem to have lost it. Search for service manual.

of if your planning to get someone else to do it, ring workshops for quotes on prices
  3. metallic looking gearbox oil means that your gearbox (most likely) or clutch has destroyed itself. I haven't pulled out a gearbox on them so I don't know if they are casettes or not.

Are you sure it was the gearbox that had seized on you previously?