Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda NRS 250

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Kermie, Jan 17, 2011.

1. What Honda should release instead of the new slow fugly CBR.

2. Very nice... mind you the maintenance for a racebike pushing 50hp would be pretty intense. As for the CBR, I'd be very interested as to how one would go once you cammed it up and put on a decent exhaust system. Suppose a power commander wouldn't be a bad thing, either.

Anyway, I know somone who frequents a mechanics that deals with a fellow who runs a modified 250cc single thats pushing around 50hp. They say it goes through pistons in something like 20 hours... not exactly road friendly haha.

Cheers - boingk

3. Yeah tops ends on one of these would have the life span of a 250 MX bike I'd imagine so your guess of 20 hours wouldn't be far off if you really wanted to push it that long.

The new CBR250 isn't even in the same league. And with good reason, learner's wouldn't be too happy with rebuilding them every couple of months would they ;P

That NRS looked great on the track though, impressive stuff1