Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda NC750X

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Pipsqueak, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Evening all,

I bought a new red Honda NC750X two weeks ago from Lane Cove (great guys by the way at Sydney City Motorcycles) and am very pleased with it.

Anyway, the purpose of the post is not to glorify or denigrate a new bike but just to let people know it is an option to consider if you are in the market for a bike similar to a V Strom or Versys and fancy a bike that does ridiculously good mileage, goes well, and is priced at the $10k mark. I did ride both those other two options and liked them both very much but I felt the NC was just smoother, less top heavy, and I loved the frunk.

The internet has a very wide variety of opinions on this bike and probably more so than many other bikes but cager on two wheels on youtube has a good video which is worth watching if you are considering it. I have been intrigued by the bike since it came out 4 years ago in Europe and wondered why it sells a bucketload over there (well over 100,000 so far). Many buyers are like me, middle aged and trading down from big bikes (as I did from a CB1300). The owners seem to rave about it. The 750S was out a year ago and while nice I needed the taller X version so when I heard it was coming I ordered one.

It isn't going to match the street triple I had a few years ago for speed but frankly I am not in that game anymore and just want something torquey, reliable, frugal and fun. You pays your money and takes your choice...happy riding

• Like Like x 2
  2. I've always had an eye on the NC750 as a great commuter bike. Would still get one if I could have a second bike (no space or budget at present).