Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda MSX125 - The Monkey Bike Returns

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Wayned, Jan 10, 2013.

1. I'd call Sach's Madass a pretty good effort.

But the Honda Monkeybike, right back to the 50cc models, always lights up the room. I say room because one time at the trackside campground at PI I was in the (permanent brick) loo having a wiss and a bloke rode a QR50 in through the door, put the front wheel against the wall and started a big long burnout.
  2. Shit yeah!! If this comes to Australia road registerable and at a low price it will be massive.
    Also what a nifty ad. That's the first ad I've seen with tolerable dubstep, and one of the best ads I've seen overall.
    The big question though, is How Much???
  3. Looks like a bit of fun
  4. not ALL hondas are dull,but they have added considerably to the pool
  5. I see you're one of those people who mistakes refinement for blandness. You probably also think engineering flaws are "character".
  6. And not all ducati riders are wankers
    • Like Like x 3
  7. correct on both counts
  8. Looks more like a successor to the Dax. I'm sure the monkey bike was much smaller.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Honda is not bringing this in according to bikesales, which is a pity

But registered monkey bikes are available from the Chinese

10. I wouldn't take everything Bikesales say as gospel
  11. Hope you are correct.

Though Honda, it needs to be under $4k...
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Honda Australia thought they could charge $4000 for OEM luggage for the VFR1200, so what does that tell you?
  13. that anyone paying that for that bike is gullible and wants luggage to suit
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I know but they priced the NX700 and CBR125e pretty good, the CBR250R and CRX250L are not bad either.

Their pricing team is bipolar it seems, either complete rip off or damn good.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dear BARRY,

Thanks for your recent Internet enquiry.

We wish to advise that the Honda model you have requested information on is not available within Australia.

Unfortunately, it is not always possible to obtain all of the models produced by our factories worldwide.

There are a number of factors involved in determining our model line-up, such as production costs, product availability, exchange rates and modification requirements for our market etc. We also review feedback from our future and existing customer base and also market trends obtained from our dealer network.
  16. Farrrkeennn whatttt
    They need to find a way of getting MORE feedback in then cause obviously the lack of quality feedback that they're getting atm is making them lose out on a fair bit of cash, a niche in the market and we're out a nice perfect city/mx pit bike.
  17. Let's all email them and tell them it should be available here.
    http://www.hondampe.com.au/repository/utilities/contact-us.aspx Get onto it.
    Here's my email:

Honda MX125

Dear Honda MPE Australia,

Please make the Honda MX125 available in Australia. There is a niche in the market that needs to be filled which is currently only occupied by the Sachs Madass. The Honda MX125 would make the ultimate extremely affordable high quality couriering/city/mx pit bike. You are losing out on quite a bit of profit and us consumers are losing out on an excellent model. I would definitely buy one if it was available at the low price it obviously could be available at.