Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HONDA LEAD 100cc opinion....

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by ggeorge85, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Hello

Anybody have this model ? couldyou give to me some opinion about max speed and it is good scooter if I want to go long distance about 20 km on one way and come back after rest for scooter another 20 km

2. hi, we've got a little honda lead. 20k is a nice trip on it as long as you don't want to go fast. 75 or 80 is about it and its not fond of up hill.
  3. I want buy this scooter but I dont have account on ebay because I dont have credit card maybe who can help me ? I want just get email to this person or phone number ? :(
  4. contact the buyer and see if they will accept money order or bank cheque
  5. nixon-chic how I can contact with him I dont have account there because I dont have credit card so I can't be register you understand ? :(

and another user above said 75-80 but if I wanna to go up to the hill so can be big trouble?? ohh I have problem :(
  6. you shouldn't need a credit card if you have a paid email account. that;s how I got my ebay account
  7. I bought a Honda Lead 100 in June, it's great for getting around on.

Top speed is 80km/hour, I weigh about 95kg's as well, but going uphill it struggles to hit anything over 40km/hour.

Needless to say I have ridden it down the freeway to Wollongong a few times and it didn't go too bad, going down hill with wind I got it upto 100km/hour, but I had to slow down it was making noises and I wasn't sure if that would kill the engine in the scooter or not.

I paid 2990 brand new plus ORC from Action motorcycles in the city, the under seat compartment is meant to fit a full face helmet, but mine doesn't fit. The helmet hook works good enough though.

my only real problem is that there is no clock on the dashboard, but I may just stick a normal watch on there with blu-tac or something.
  8. My partner and I have a Lead and it, max speed about 85 and it it goes about 60 - 65kph up hills. I wouldn't be worried about going up hills though. I paid $2,750 including ORC.