Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Hornet-250 Service Info

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by EzyRider, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Hi All,

I bought a Honda Hornet 250 for my first bike after some encouragement from people in this forum, I'm very happy with it. I'm now after some information on service and maintenance on this bike. I've tried the UK sites but not very relevant. I do most work on my race car but am completely new to the bike sence.

Pls help me with brand/part numbers and the correct fluids to use. i.e Oil type & Filter number, Air filter (K&N if available), coolant, brake etc. Thank you in advance.

2. I've found this site to be useful for finding parts for grey imports. Can be a little tricky to navigate given that it's in Japanese but should list most brands/parts available with part codes.
  3. The oil filter part number is 15410-KEA-305...I have been using motul 5100 oil lately which I'm pretty happy with.

Just remove a spark plug and take em to repco/bike shop etc for replacements you can also try the same with air filter or just blow it out unless it's too dirty.

I service mine myself and it's pretty easy to work on...good to hear your happy with your bike...I love mine

PS: Here's a link to the Honets Nest website

4. "The oil filter part number is 15410-KEA-305.." - is this a Honda part number or Ryco?