Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Hornet 250 CB250F - $4000

Discussion in 'Archived' started by ad91on, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi internet,

For sale is this lovely Honda Hornet 250, otherwise known as the CB250F. It came into my hands after swapping my old bike for it with unconnected on the forums here, and it has been great fun for the little time i have had it!

This is a nice bike. It is learner legal. It is quite fast for a LAMS bike. It sounds like a combination between a jet engine and a washing machine on fast spin cycle. It is a Hornet 600 chassis with an engine very similar to the engine of a CBR250RR. It is yellow and it is in very nice shape. Has been mistaken for the hornet 600 more than once in the time that I have owned it. Has a colossal rear tyre for a learner bike too! Never lacking in traction!

Has recently been blue-slipped for interstate transfer. Has a new rear tyre which has less than 1000kms on it. Nothing needs to be spent on this bike; not a single cent, unless you are particularly finnicky about surface rust on the mirrors and a scuff or two on the paint work. Lots of receipts to come with it.

I am looking for $4000. 12 months rego (literally), new rear tyre, front has plenty of meat left, nothing to spend, only just ticked over 57,000kms. Reliable commuter, bulletproof engine, fast enough. Why would you buy any other 250?

Will consider trading for another bike of interest... surprise me.

I will post more pictures when I get to it/weather is nicer.

2. Hey there,
    Just wondering if this one has been sold?
  3. Nope it hasn't but I am holding onto it for now - just spent some $$$ on pimping the old girl out!
  4. i always mistake these for the 600 at a distance. hahah
    • Like Like x 1
  5. yeah they look very very similar!
  6. #6 hornet, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Actually it's the other way round: the Hornet 600 is the 600 engine in the 250 frame, hence its less-than-adequate tank capacity

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ah, ok then. Well let me know if/when you are planning on selling. I'm looking now, so if you change your mind feel free to drop me a line.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.