Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda get in on this 'special edition' stuff..

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by edgelett, Dec 6, 2008.

1. here I was thinking to myself 'wow that's nasty of Triumph to release the Stripple R version after so many people went & bought the standard'

and now look what Honda have done to my beloved Hornet!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...ber/1-7/dec0508-new-honda-hornet-at-nec-show/

this is awesome though:
    df9aaa2c.

2. These are the bikes they (Honda and Triumph) should have released in the first place. :roll:

3. yeah I know - i mean the 08 hornet has a lot of improvements over my 98 model, but seriously to release a bike without adjustable suspension in this day & age is just silly.

i'll be interested to see how much extra Honda will charge for the new model...will it be extra (like the triumph) or is adjustable suspension just going to be standard on all new models?

4. OK, I'm going to express unpopular and uncool opinion here: in ordinary conditions most of the time adjustable suspension is of about as much value as 250bhp at the rear wheel: good for bragging rights, but of little practical use, and with a potential to get it very wrong!

I would rather have suspension using reasonably decent quality components and set up well to begin with so I can leave it alone. The more I fiddle with it, the more likely I am to screw it up instead of improving... Now, I understand that 'no two people are alike' and for some people being able to adjust their suspension will be of real value. But I am of pretty average weight and as long as they aim for average western rider, I'll be fine.

So I'm perfectly OK with them leaving all that adjustability out, as long as it keeps the cost down. What I *would* like though is the ABS model which has been available in the UK all along, but doesn't somehow seem to make it to our shores... We're falling way behind the rest of the world in adapting ABS - in Europe it is by now well on its way to becoming an accepted standard, while down here we're still arguing whether it makes one less of a rider... (personally I'd be happy to be less of a rider in someone's opinion as long as it keeps me and my bike in one piece)

5. fair point. if you are not fat or hitting the track its probably a waste of money with most people

you can always change oil weights, springs and revalve suspension anyway...allot cheaper than a set of adjustables