Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Fury, new long neck chopper.

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by too-far, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Exceptionally clean lines.

Not a fan of cruisers really, but Honda are on the right track there, IMO, if they can continue to make nakeds with such a clean and unfussed appearance.
  2. Hmm. Not a bad rendition of the modern chopper at all. Certainly far, far better than most factory customs of the last 30 years.

Pity I regard the modern chop as being a bit crap really :( .
  3. Wow, much better than expected.
  4. Nice design, but what's the point if it just looks exactly the same as all the others coming off the production line.

I suspect Honda is planning to make shiteloads selling overpriced aftermarket accessories and modifications (ie copying HD).
  5. A whole bunch of fingers have been pulled out at Honda in the last few years. For a company with such a conservative reputation they're putting some wacky things out there right now.
  6. That fuel tank looks like it could hold 5 litres
  7. I would like it better if it had bigger and lower tank. Not sure if i like the pipes, though they are intresting
  8. 14 I think.
  9. what a small looking tank.
  10. Dont like it, looks like a Harley fvcked a CB250 and that's the lovechild...
  11. Looks like its back to the drawing board!

Why is there a barrier to airflow for the front cylinder?
  12. It`s called a radiator mate.
  13. But they had to f#ck it up with shaft drive :?
  14. Can I just ask why you think shaft drives are inferiror to Chain and Belt driven alternatives.....? I am interested in hearing your answer.
  15. Every one knows you can't do wheelies with shaft drive
  16. so is Tony planning on ordering some :wink: :LOL:
  17. Don't really think that's what cruisers are for.

They also completely lack: performance, sound, handling, turning circles, good looks and fuel efficiency too! :p
  18. Okay then, why do I prefer chain/belt drive? Here we go.
    1. Light weight. Better handling. The suspension works better with chain drive following the irregularites in the road because of the lesser unsprung weight.
    The overall weight of the bike is also less.
    2. Ability to change final drive gear ratios. Every bike I've owned has had the gearing modified to suit the conditions I ride in. Try that with shaft drive. $$$$$$
    3. At a glance I can tell if my chain/sprockets will get me where I'm going and home again. Not like the lottery GS Bmw owners face.
    4. Simple and efficient. Just like every bike should be. Why over engineer when simple works best?
    About the only thing shaft drive is better at is keeping the owners hands clean.
    Thats a few things I can think of off the top of my head. Back to you.
  19. I OTOH prefer shaft drive.

I've never had a problem with shaft drive that's required any maintenance at all.

Several chain/sprockets/counter shaft problems on chain driven bikes have left me stranded at various times (and left me to limp home at other times).

A properly designed shaft drive bike has minimal impact on the handling and the sorts of bikes that are normally fitted with shaft drives are not primarily about extracting the last miniscule bit of performance anyway.

Shaft drives simply look better :p

As for belt drives... I don't have anything against them and they have some of the advantages of both chain drive and shaft drive.

My rating?

Shaft drive - no 1.
    Belt drive - close no 2.
    Chain drive - distant 3rd.