Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda extended warranty

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by lance, Aug 16, 2007.

1. I was walking around PS in the city at lunch time, looking at a CBF250 and got talking to one of the salesmen. He did his sales speel then told me I could also option to extend the warranty of the bike for a fee. Is this something worth doing on a new bike and does anyone out there already have it? Why would you need to extend your warranty?

2. Extended warranties are there to give you extra peace of mind, and a better commission for the salesman.

Whether you need it or not is up to you.
  3. I went back today to have a look again and it's a warranty. He said its a new thing that Honda are doing to help sell bikes.
  4. Sounds like what a few 2nd hand dealers do, where you pay for a warrantee that you wouldn't otherwise be entitled to. Find out what it covers and what it doesn't. You might still end up stuck with a broken bit that isn't covered.

It's like Raven was told that his warped discs aren't covered by Honda. It's not like he deliberately slammed the brakes on specific parts of the rotations of the front wheel! Rediculous :evil:
  5. Warranty is in the hands of the gods :shock: Or was that the devil :twisted: Sorry i meant dealer and with a wave of there wand,or three pronged stick it can seem never to have existed.It depends on how hounest they are,what mood there in,or how annoying you can be to them.Up to you if you wanna pay extra bills for that :grin:
  6. Warranties often aren't worth the paper their printed on, when it comes to vehicles. So many parts are considered 'wear' items, that almost nothing is covered. That and they then try and force you to get dealer servicing so that your warranty is honoured - costing you even money.

Personally, not impressed with vehicular warranties. Seems like a waste of time and money - except for maybe the first 6-12 months where obvious manufacturing faults might show up.
  7. The bikes pretty new ,so even if you got one second hand ,it would still have atleast 12 months left of the original 2 year warrenty?.

You will sell it before the 12 months is up anyway and up grade.