Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Cub in Australia?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Tekmaster, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Hello i am new on the forum and on Australia. I was wondering if i could find a Honda Cub, or import.

2. Welcome Tekmaster, The CT110 is commonly used by the Australian Post Office so they regularly turn up on the market. They are generally known as Posties.

The Cub strictly refers to the CT90 I believe, they are less common in Australia
  3. #4 XJ6N, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    G'day TekmasterTekmaster. As ChrisChris said the Honda CT110 (or 'postie bike') is quite common in Australia, the Honda Super Cub much less so. There are occasionally much earlier-model C90 Cubs for sale on Australian websites like Bikesales.

The Post Office is currently phasing out the Honda CT110, replaced by the current NBC110 Super Cub. Postie bikes are replaced every three years or 25,000 kilometres. These will start to appear more at auction in a couple of years.
  4. Believe it or not but saw a postie on a CT90 yesterday.

welcome to the forum.
    keep an eye on eBay.com.au and bikesales.com.au.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. I don't want the ct postie version. Is there any possibility to import a cub. I really love that bike I want to make sure if I can find one.
  6. Have you looked at the Sym Symba?
  7. There are companies that import bikes from japan. Old Gold Motorcycles in Sydney is the only one I know of off the top of my head.
    Old Gold Motorcycles
    You can email them for a current stock list, or to see if they can track one down. They often post bikes to their face book page as well.
    Haven't bought from them before.

Importing a bike privately can be done, but will be expensive, involve lots of paperwork, and time.

As for the NBC 110 super cubs, don't bother, piles of shit. I wouldn't be surprised if they come off the same line as the Sym.
  8. Honda C50/70/90 variants do exist here but they're not common. Just Bikes seems to be the most likely place to find one.
  9. Get a postie and get a cub dress up kit /cub parts off ebay?
  10. Ah, but without the exciting effects under hard braking, of the rather dubiously designed leading link forks it's just not the same :D. Been there, done that, got the bitumen fragments embedded in my flesh.