Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Cross Cub CC110 in Oz?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by thetrumpetplayer, Jan 5, 2014.

1. #1 thetrumpetplayer, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    Hey all,

I've noticed that a lot of Australia Post riders are now on the newer updated Honda CC110 (replacing the classic CT110) as a 'Cross Cub' version.

Does anyone know where I can buy one? Is it available for general sale, or do we have to wait until the first batch on the roads now are up at auction after a few thousand k's?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. We have the nbc110 "super cub", that last red one looks exactly the same, bar colours. A lot better bike than i was expecting. No idea when or if they will be sold sorry.

3. We have the nbc110 "super cub", that last red one looks exactly the same, bar colours. A lot better bike than i was expecting.
    No idea when or if they will be sold sorry.

4. Except at the auspost auctions I doubt that you will be able to buy one. No one bought the ct110 when they offered it for sale new a few years ago. Honda wont bother again, especially until they see how this goes on the second hand market.

I believe Sym makes a copy. Symba i think its called

5. The thing is, I can't see anything Japanese production motorcycles have that would contravene Australian rego ADRs, so you should be just able to chuck one in a box & ship it over to Aust, sell it, rego it & Bob's your uncle.
    What's Honda's problem with that formula?

6. What are the major differences between a Japanese and Australian bike in terms of homologations/certification/regulations? Is it that big of a difference?

7. That is such a difficult question.

If you want to do it that way then I would go talk to an importer that imports jap vehicles to get one for you. I wouldnt expect change from $5k though.

Seriously go look at the symba to tie you over for a couple years until auspost starts to get rid of theirs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I wouldn't mind seeing a "symba" next to the new posty, just to compare the quality of parts.
    There's some real dodgy looking bits on these things - mainly the chain (tiny, no rings, has to checked every 500km) and spokes (flex way to easy). The rear could use less pre-load and more dampening as well.
    Fun to dead ride though :D
    Sorry about the double post earlier as well, my net shit itself a bit and I can't go back and edit the posts.

9. I don't think they would sell it here to consumers, it's meant for countries like vietnam etc and i assume honda believes that we would not be interested in such a bike for daily use as there are already plenty of scooters saturating the market