Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Concepts

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by 2ndclasscitizen, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Honda has 3 new concepts kicking about for the upcoming Paris show.

First up, the new CB1100 bikes, the F and R. Both are using a new 1100cc air cooled 4. There's the fairly classicly styled CB1100F:

Honda%20CB1100F%20%20Pro%2008%20%201.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery B/Honda CB1100F Pro 08.jpg

And the retro-racer CB1100R:

Honda%20CB1100R%20%20Pro%2008%20%201.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery B/Honda CB1100R Pro 08.jpg

And secondly, Honda's reply to the B-king, the Evo 6 :twisted:

Honda%20Evo6%20pro%2008%20%201.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery B/Honda Evo6 pro 08.jpg

This thing is so cool. It's packing the 1800 6cyl Goldwing engine in the bling naked bike package.

The CB1100 models are fairly likely to go into production, not sure about the Evo 6 though. But with the B-king hitting production, Honda may as well put the Evo 6 out there against it.

2.  Top
  3. The two retro numbers look prety damned boaring to me.
    The V6 is interesting to say the least.
    Not my idea of fun to ride, but they appear to have put some thought into it.

4. I like the 1100R but the headlights are waaaayyy too baby-blade for me :(.

5. Don't like any of them but if I had to have one, it'd be the evo6. I hate it, but I'm intrigued. Can't stop staring at it in disgust.

6. :WStupid:
    The 1100F's not too bad either but the seat looks like it's attached to nothing. Would look a lot better if the bike actually continued out further instead of just having that plastic mudguard sticking out there.

7. CB100F looks ok...but what happened to the pillion seat? are any manufactureres making std bikes with pillion seats anymore?? other than dedicated big touring bikes. :evil:

CB100R looks ok i guess..but really odd.

EVO6 is enough to make me sick..good think i haven't had lunch yet.

8. I think Evo 6 is fantastic - it manages to look tuff and modern without looking like that prepubescent teens' dream, B-King... otherwise known as Burger King, thanks to its chunkiness. BTW, this bike looks lighter too, despite having larger engine.

On the other hand, I don't understand why is everybody going ga-ga over CB1100R? This is the ugliest headlight/screen treatment I've ever seen and I know I say it about every other new design but it's not my fault - they keep resetting the scales!

Finally, CB1100 - the sleeper of the bunch. That's the one I'd actually buy in real life. Simple, unadorned motorcycle. Some might call it plain, but I consider it elegant.

9. The retro racer is very very cool, I'd have one. :cool:

10. Cos some of us are old enough to remember the bike it's modelled on.....

CB1100RB.

11. ...droooolll!!!

It's bikes like these that make me question my sanity! I haven't been around long enough to have any kind of nostalgia about those cb1100s but something about them just pulls on me heartstrings! It's like the zxr... big, retro, ugly and beautiful at the same time

I wants one!