Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Closes US Gold Wing manufacturing plant.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Geoff3DMN, Aug 6, 2009.

1. I just guess all those goldwing owners will need to get 4 wheeled cars as opposed to their 2 wheeled cars :p
  2. I think it was initially announced before the GFC
  3. heh
  4. I'd have thought this to be a good thing. Perhaps not for the market in the US, as Americans like things made in America. But nowhere else in the world seems to... Name one instance where American build quality exceeds that of Japan.
  5. nuclear bombs
  6. :rofl: Thats going in the sig, I think.

Perhaps that's one example where it is advantageous to be cheap and nasty.
  7. GOLD :rofl:!!
  8. How is this motorbike related? :p
  9. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ibast wins the gold medal
  10. If any of the current crop of bikes, in any category, last as long as the mighty Gold Wing, or sell half as many units ..... that will be the day.
  11. Well the article didn't say that the Gold Wing was being axed, just that they can't afford to produce them in America any more.
  12. #13 VTRBob, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    They may be big and heavy but with an experienced rider on board they can boogie through the twisties :p

Yes you are hearing exhaust scrapping noises :shock:
  13. It'll be interesting to see how the US sales of the bike go.
  14. US riders buy Gold Wings because they're Gold Wings, not because of where they're manufactured. If US manufacture was important, they'd all be riding federally-protected Harleys...
  15. 0_o`

Why? I mean, hats off to the guy. But.... Why?

That's like drifting in a bus.
  16. Hmm, a lot of the yanks on another forum I'm on certainly carry on about buying them because they are American made. Maybe it's all bluster, but it seemed genuine...
  17. GOLD!!!! :rofl: ibast you offen get me laughing!!!
  18. If you can do it, why not. I'm tipping he could embarrass a lot of litre sports bike riders out there.

19. Why bother with the gold wing just bit the bullet and get car, LOL!