Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CD250 .. LOVE IT

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by squidman, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Hey itsbeen a while since i posted here, i got my bike recently and wanted to know what you guys think of it, its a 1989 Honda CD250, bought it for $2000 from a dealership in Coffs Harbour and they serviced it, put a year rego and sent it down to Sydney, today i was riding it all day i just cant get enough of it .. Almost went into oncoming traffic (Should of slowed down more before going into a turn)

I plan on making this a cafe racer, so far I've flipped the handlebars down to make it lower and bought smaller and more rounder front and back indicators .. I just have to figure out how to make the seat lower and get better and louder pipes .. anyway heres some pics

2. Wow i love it :D

This should be an interesting project.

As for making the seat lower my thoughts would be take the seal off and see how its trimmed. If its stapled underneath pull it off and replace all the foam underneath with some much thinner high density foam then re-trim. Shouldn't be too hard.
  3. rearsets!!!

rearsets now!!!