Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CBX250 - where is the sump plug?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by sugarfree, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I have a Honda CBX250 (1987), and was wondering where the sump plug was and what i need to remove it (e.g spanner, allen key)?

2. They are often found at the bottom of the sump.
  3. No, typical of Honda, they like to make things as complicated as possible. It's actually up under the seat, hidden behind the air box.

Also because you never have to put a spanner on a Honda, it's undone with a Phillips head screwdriver.
  4. ibast, what have you been smoking?
  5. Hey you're the one from Byron. "at the bottom of the sump" FFS!
  6. Yeah bottom of the sump and it'll probably be a 16mm socket or ring spanner.
  7. When you think about it the bottom of the sump is a pretty dumb place to put them, because when you take the plug out, you lose all your oil.
  8. Not if you tip the bike upside down first.
  9. But then the air comes out of your air box
  10. Only the heavy air, and that just adds unnecessary weight to the bike.
  11. Sounds like you are using SHell air. BP air is more consistent in it's weight and significantly lighter. they seem to have found a way to take out the heavier bits. (Sorry i am not a techn nut so aren't up on the exact technicalities). Give it a try though. I reckon you will notice an immediate improvement,

It's so good there was some talk at one stage about banning it for LAMS bikes.
  12. Personally I only use premium canned air for maximum performance.
    Expensive, but does have other advantages :)