Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HOnda CBRF4i Regulator Help

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Alx_CBRf4i, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Hey all..

I need some advice on this problem. My bike is a F4i 2001, done 50,000km
    I took it for a decent ride on the weekend, turned it off. Went to turn it back on... not enough power to start it. Charged it up overnight, next day it started fine. Took it to local Auto elec, he tested it.. Battery fine (6 months old), regulator putting 14.3 volts while idling.

Rode it for 2 days, then flat again!. Charged it overnight. Tested battery next day, 12.3V. Started engine at idle 14.3 volts. Then as soon as i rev it, it drops back to 12.3 and doesn't go back up. turned off, turned on, 14.3. as soon as i rev it, drops down.

My guess is regulator stuffed? Called auto elec (City auto elecs in coburg, seem to agree. BUT standard regulator is $175 + $130 to fit it, or Heavy duty Reg is $200 + $140 to fit.

I want to install this myself.. does anyone know if this is hard to do? Any advice would be appreciated...