Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CBR600rr 2005 Missing Screw?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by lacisnot, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Hey - I was taking my tool box out and I must have not fastened the screw properly and now its missing. The problem is I don't know the name for it and can't find the spare part.

Could you guys help identify the screw missing?

2. I would suggest just taking that screw out and going to the local wreckers and finding the same bike? Either that or take the screw to a bolt shop. I don't think you need an official part for something so small...
  3. Yeah was going to do that tomorrow - just wanted to see if I could get it off ebay as a set as I was going to change the colour of them anyway
  4. Search for cbr 250rr fairing bolt on ebay?
  5. searched for the 600rr on ebay - doesn't seem to be included in the package
  6. Pretty sure it's a standard 6mm bolt anyway - might be wrong, but they seem pretty universal?
  7. Theres no thread on it and its the long bit is about 1cm long - it only takes one turn it undo and the head size is about the size of a 10cent coin.
  8. When I need to buy a replacement screw for my bike, I went to Peter Stevens and show them the screw on the manual and they just order it in. Try that.
  9. OK Olson I bought it. It's called a Zeus nut and i'll post the part number when I get home. Cost me $15 from the honda place