Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CBR 600RR A Brake Fluid Change

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by jekel, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Hi guys, I just got a CBR 600RR A last few weeks that is a few years old but only travelled 2700km. I had a workshop check over it and change the oil. Only other issue I had was it needed a new battery.

Since the brake fluid hasn't been changed in over 2 years I was thinking to try do that myself and have read many guides specifically for the CBR 600RR and it seems easy enough but then found a post on a forum in regards to the ABS version which I have it is slightly different.

I can't find a guide for the ABS version or a copy of the workshop manual. Anyone had any experience changing it for this model or have suggestions? Any help would be great.

I've only ridden it 3 times since I got it last few weeks (brakes seem great) but doing some reading sounds like over 2 years and no change is not good?
  2. 2 years is the replacement interval, but most will do it more often than that.
    I don't know anything about ABS, but I'd assume you'd just flush through as per normal.
  3. It's an annual thing with me. Maybe it's overkill, but it's too easy to forget with long intervals, and the payoff is clear.

I don't think ABS (which I do not have) would complicate the process.
  4. Thanks, yeh seems like all the same connections as the standard 600rr.......might give it a go next weekend.