Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CBR 250RR

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Doubled, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Goooood Afternoon fellow forum'er'ers,

I have a question for those more mechanically minded than myself (a child is more mechanically minded than myself).

I currently have a Honda CBR250RR MC22 with a dead engine (no compression along with another problem). I was looking at just biting the bullet and getting another second hand engine and placing this into my bike (not myself).

i was wondering if a engine from a 1988 Honda CBR250R will fit on/in my MC22 (1990 off the top of my head).

I have tryed google..with no success and thought i might rack your brilliant minds ;)

Does anybody have any idea if this is possible??

2. Have you looked at doing a full rebuild? With an engine transplant there are a lot of legal and insurance hurdles and issues as the VIN and engine numbers will be linked.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance wrt the actual topic though :p
  3. it will fit yeah, but there are mechanical differences. it's not a straight bolt out bolt in job
  4. ^^ yep, not a straight fit. Not to mention the fact you could end up with a problem engine after another 5000 k's, or even another 100 k's.

Personally, unless your current engine is totally lunched, I would seriously look at the economics of fixing/rebuilding it.