Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CB600F 2006?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by mark59, Jan 29, 2014.

1. I'm interested in the 2006 model Hornet 600. The one with the inverted forks. To date I have only seen 1998 - 2001 Hornet 600 models for sale - plus of course the new version from 2007 onwards.

I'm on a limited budget and would hope that last of the carbie series bikes could be cheaper that the revised EFI models.

Does anyone know if the Honda CB600F was sold in Australia between 2002 and 2006?

There is lots of info on the web about the 2006 model but its all from overseas.

BTW - just how much of a difference will the inverted forks make to the bike - my need is for a daily commuter that has the capacity to let loose from time to time?

People on NR seem very happy with the 1998 - 2001 models so perhaps its not enough of an advantage to hang out for the 2006 model (which may not actually be available in Oz)?

2. I have ridden on, and i own the 900. It is a GREAT bike on a budget, has plenty of go, comfortable. Invert forks on a bike that is a do it all bike is fine. I take my CB900 to track days and spank some sports bikes. If you can get hold of the later model i would be doing that. They dont look as good as the old ones, but they are faster ,more comfortable and newer. If not try get an old example with around 10-20-30,000 on the clock and try pay around 3-4k. Good bike, if you look after it, it wont leave you stranded and you will have a lot of fun!
  3. It's not a hornet but I had a 2006 CBR600F4i and just loved it !!