Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CB400

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by dunyesti, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Hello all, I have just got my learners and have got my first road bike. I will try to post some photos. Its a Honda CB400 with olins rear suspension, yoshi pipe, steering dampner, the front shocks have internals done, smaller sprockets and a computer thingy to let it rev out in 5th and 6th gear. Done 4500km and paid $8000. The guy said it had about $5000 of extras and man it goes compared to standard. I just got to figure out how to post photos.

2. ohlins alone would have costed a fortune, can't see a 5k figure though, u get all the receipts?

3. If he (so-called) spent all that money and ridden it so little, why was he getting rid of it? I'd have tp agree with Goz, $5k of additions seems a bit of a stretch mate.

4. The owner of the bike is in his fifties and was a avid bike rider. He suffered a heart attack and his coorardination suffered as a result and they come up with racing bikes as a part of his rehab. He is not short of cash as he had two identical models one for the wet one for the dry. This is the one set up for dry. He run it in on the road then stripped all lights and indicators off and modified it for racing. Alan Rigby from here done all mods. Anyhow he moved up to 1000cc and was offloading this one the same time I was looking. The olins $2500, steering dampener $600, race throttle $300, internal suspension $500, front and rear race sprockets $400, stak protectors $300, yoshimura pipe $500, plus the rev metre under the seat $?. So I couldn't let it pass me by.

5. Sounds like you found a damn good deal for a steal, it does sound too good to be true, but unlike usual, appears to be so, congrats mate, when do we see some pics, also get some close ups of all the mods, am interested to see em..

6. Im not sure if those figures are accurate for mods but who cares its money I dont have to spend. Photos coming as soon as I have enough posts and figure it out.

7. Wow that is a very, very good deal (says a CB400 owner)

8. Yeah, I'd say you did really well there, mate. Lucky bastard!

I've never heard of a steering dampner, I'll have to look that one up.

9. It stops the front wheel from speed wobbles when racing. Looks cool too.

10. I am just waiting for my membership to go through so I can post photos.

11. Looks like you got a good buy. I've loved the look of the little CB since it was released in Australia; kinda makes me wish it (and the LAMS scheme) was around when I was on my plates.

12. CB400 with extras

Attached Files:

13. And some more.

Attached Files:

14. And just a couple more.

Attached Files:

15. woah! sweet set up man - beaut bike!

16. nice... sweet ride

17. Nice score mate, that bike is gorgeous and must be nuts to ride.

18. Yes I am happy with it but apart for this bike I only test rode a new 2011 model cb400 which was in the city so I aint no no different and cant wait to ride some twisties on it.

19. Nice Bike!!! Love the pics!

20. Thanks fellas pity it raining so much, all I want to do is ride.