Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CB350F Ride Video

Discussion in 'Video Logging' started by two40, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Just a short ride around the back streets of Lugarno in Sydney. As the video description states:

I'm not too keen on the audio on this one. The mic was located below the seat where the airbox used to be. I thought it might be a good location as it's protected from wind noise but it loses some of the crisp exhaust note.

Hope to do some more videos soon. I don't think I'll be vlogging or doing any serious riding, I'll leave that to the experts. I'm just learning my way around the bike for now so happy to take it easy and have some fun with all of this. Really enjoying it so far. :)

2. Interesting to see a motorcycle video clearly showing the speedo, it gives a really good indication of how fast you are going down those back streets and schools zones.
  3. Yeah, I was going so fast my vision was blurry... :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting if I hide my speedo I can do whatever I want!? :eek:

Last I checked school zones don't apply at 7pm.
  4. two40two40 What camera and mic do you have?
  5. How does it sync with the go pro?
  6. PompyPompy, you have to sync it in post when editing the footage. I use Adobe Premier CS6.

A little trick I learned from a Youtubber is to give yourself an audible visual cue such as beeping the horn. You can then listen out for the horn in your audio and sync it to your video. My first attempt failed though because I was accelerating as I beeped the horn and I couldn't make it out in my audio. haha

Check out this video:

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Haha, no, just that a lot of motorcycle vloggers seem to be paranoid that their video could be used against them if they ever make a mistake or bend a rule etc.

BTW are you using a chest mount? I'm trying to figure out where I can put a cam on my V-strom without it vibrating like crazy...
  8. I know what you mean. Don't mind that they are revving out to 9,000rpm in 5th gear! That equates to 60 kph on most bikes right?

Yes, it was filmed on a chest mount. Not sure about mounting it on the bike as I haven't tried that but the only thing I can suggest is using the widest angle your camera allows. The wider the angle the smoother the image. ;)
  9. It revs quite well for a pushrod motor.
  10. Pushrods? SOHC I think. Video looks nice, those streets look narrow, maybe it's the GoPro fisheye view
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Another video taken at Brighton Beach.

Bike broke after this :(

12. Sorry to hear she broke, hope you get her running again soon
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Cheers CaffeineMonsterCaffeineMonster - I find it hard to believe both the petcock and carby #2 developed a leak at the same time so I could be wrong but I guess we'll find out when I get a chance to take it apart.

Just watching the latest Youtube video in 1080 HD and it's really nowhere near the quality of the file used for upload. I've read that Youtube limits high bit rate for the more popular channels. Makes me a sad panda... :(