Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda cb250t convert to 400?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by revit, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Hi all, i have a honda cb250t 78 model in imac condtion an a friend of mine has the same bike in a 400 they are pretty much idintical in size and wieght has anyone put a 400t or n motor in a 250 but i dont want to destroy the bike as it is in original and imac condition all i want to do is speed the bike up, and would it affect the rego also does anyone no where i can find a good muffler for this bike...

2. dude.. it won't keep the bike original, for the cost, etc.. just get a new bike.
  3. What tmz said.....just get something else and see what you can get for your 250 - looks like a nice bike. If you r in Vic try www.centralmotorcycles.com.au they often have Honda 400s amongst other great stuff.
  4. x2.

Unless the shape/body/external components of the bike are classic, (eg Cagiva Mito 125 that is styled around Ducati 996, but is a 2 stroke 125), then get a new bike, it will probably be cheaper and easier - the cb250 isn't exactly a classic. 250's are overvalued as learner bikes on the market, as soon as you drop a 400 into it won't add any value whatsoever - may as well trade up.
  5. i'd put it in the "more trouble then worth" pile
  6. i never meant that

I :grin: never meant that. I don't want another bike I like the cb250, it does what I want it to do. It is cheap on fuel and rego.All I want it to do is to speed it up, if not I will keep it the way it is.
  7. Dont do it, the bike is worth more $$$ as is (even if thats SFA) and besides you'd turn an almost clasic in to a clasic pile of shit