Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Cb250f (hornet 250)

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by PeteClarky, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Hey guys :) I've introduced myself in the introductory section of the forum and am now telling you about my bike I just bought.

I got my Ls this week and bought my first bike so a very big and exciting week for a 19 year old! My dad got his Ls at the same time as me and is looking at a bike in our area tomorrow afternoon which he hopes to buy.

On the weekend we cleared out our double garage so that now there is one space for mum's land cruiser and the other 'car space' is now reserved for our two bikes.

I bought a Honda Hornet 250. I have been eyeing these bikes off for a while now and found one I liked in the city I live in so it was a done deal! All I have is the BikeSales pictures so I will attach them to this post.

If anyone else on here has a Hornet feel free to message me as I'd be happy to talk Hornets with someone!

gc5193579860984571444. gc5363068166184735131. gc5383313992756067286.
  2. Nice bike :) welcome, hope you enjoy!
  3. Nice bike!

what size rear tyre are you running on this thing?
  4. It's a 180, it's stock on the Hornet 250.
  5. That's a schmick looking hornet.
    Fella on here by the name of Unconnected used to own one of these and would be worth contacting if you need help with parts or tyres.
  6. Never seen twin cans on the 250 before, that was only ever on the 919 afaik.
  7. that looks sickkk, the twin pipes is an awesome mod, pretty much makes it look like a 900cc bike with that tyre.

8. Looks great.

Give me a shout if you need servicing information. I can also provide you with a PDF of the Japanese parts booklet which provides a diagram and part numbers for every component of the bike.
  9. I've got a 250 Hornet. Love the bike, I think it's one of the sexiest 250s out there. Although when I was looking for a bike I had no idea what a grey import was and found out afterwards it might be tricky to get parts.
    Luckily I haven't had any dramas so far.

I'd be keen on getting a copy of that PDF Jack if possible?
  10. I've got a 250 hornet aswell..where do u find the twin pipes?
  11. The best-looking of all the baby 250s, but then I'm biased; I had this frame with the 600 engine in it, the 600 Hornet. The twin pipes look so much better than the standard single pipe too.....
  12. Pulling this out of the archives! Just bought a Hornet 250, picking it up tomorrow. As soon as I heard the bike running and took a test ride I was sold!
  13. Hi there Jack, im also a hornet 250 owner and am in need of some servicing information, do u have access to the service maintenance manual? i cant find one anywhere. any help would be great thanks!