Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CB250f blowing fuses!

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Riley, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Ive just bought a 1996 Honda Hornet, also known as a cb250f. It keeps blowing the indicator, tail light and horn fuse. So frustrating, and as I am useless with electrical, im assuming it may be a wire making contacting and shorting something out? Sometimes the fuse goes while im riding, and other times its been when I turn on/off. Gone through 3 fuses in 3 days and its getting old quick.

Any ideas?
  2. Gidday Riley, could be one of many things, first have a look for any bare/chaffing wires, especially near the head stock where the wiring looms sometimes rub enough to reveal bare wires. Try starting with a new fuse, ignition on, but engine not running, then turn the bars left to right and back again to see if this is the problem area.

Good luck.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. I had something similar happen on my last bike, it turned out to be an indicator wire that was pinched as it had been installed in the wrong position, it frayed through the insulation and then eventually started blowing fuses. I would be inspecting your wiring and looking for any damage which exposes the copper.
    • Agree Agree x 2