Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CB250 suddenly no fuel pumping

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by WantFreedom, Jan 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi Guys,

Just took the CB250 down the street started up fine when I first got her out let her warm up zoom down the street all going fine anyway come back out of the shops notice it was a little hard to start but it started as I was getting home it pretty much cut out and wouldnt start.

Upon further inspection I see no fuel is being pumped through as its not filling up with fuel anymore just wondering if anyone could suggest what to look at to fix? is it possible that it could be flooded as when I got home I notice the choke was on as it was pumping about 3k revs idle.

Only just filled up on Friday night and only done 70kms

Thanks

2. How are you determining there is no fuel flow?

Possible issues:
    1. Blocked fuel petcock, Does it run on reserve?
    2. Blocked fuel filters
    3. Fuel pump failure.
    4. Carb floats stuck.

3. The little orange cone thing isn't filling up with fuel anymore, it doesn't run on reserve no fuel pumps through regardless seeing as im not that mechanically minded I will try fix it myself just need guidance hehe

4. Take a pic, I am not sure what you mean by the orange cone thing?
    What year CB250 is it?

5. This is it, unless some little shit did something to it as it was parked down Boronia lol

It's a 1995 - this is no longer filling up with fuel as when I turned it on would always fill up with fuel

Attached Files:

6. Ok so after pulling out the Honda twinstar rebel 250 Clymer manual i started standard trouble shooting procedure

Check kill switch - whoops must of knocked it to off hahahaha put it in correct position starts now hahah

delete thread how embarrassing will remember that one

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. :) Lots of people have been caught by that one so don't feel too bad. The orange cone thing is a fuel filter.

8. I had my bike in for service one day and borrowed the mighty CB to commute to work. I spent 15 minutes after work cursing and swearing at the thing for not starting until I realized the bloody kill switch had been knocked on.

BTW the little orange cone doohickie thing appears to be an in-line fuel filter.

9. Been there, done that!

10. Hey mate,

I fitted that fuel filter, as it didn't have one. That was almost 2 years and 10,000km ago.
    It may be worth changing, for peace of mind. I think I paid about 5 bucks from Repco and it's very easy to do.

Just need to run the bike almost dry, OR drain the tank into a jerry can, OR have it almost empty and get a mate to lay the bike to the RHS, while you're doing it.

On the topic of the kill switch, I accidently hit the Suzuki one at 70km/h. The engine died, so I rolled to a stop.
    Spent a couple of minutes checking everything else, before realising what happened. LOL.

11. Shouldn't need to empty the tank to fit a filter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. That's what fuel taps are for, among other things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. That is a secondary purpose. Their prime function is to remove skin from knees

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I stand corrected. Absolutely correct.
    Thank you.

Indeed.
    A brain fade, caught on record.