Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CB175 Motor

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by tmg, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Hey people I got a mate who's lookin for a Honda CB175 engine for his bike as his old engine is in tatters and he wants to get the bike running again.

So I am asking here if anyone knows where in QLD you can get one, prices and options welcome...
  2. Do a bit of research. You will probably find that this engine was also used in some trail bikes. Maybe with a larger capacity.

That migh increase you availabilty and even give you some modification options.
  3. Unfortunately not so. The CB175 was a twin, and as far as I know the engine was only ever used in that model and the CD175 which was the same but single carb instead of twin. There was a 'scrambler' model for the US market, but that never made it to Oz. They are a classic now, but parts are still fairly easy to get, a whole engine might be an issue though.