Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda Cb1300 Gearbox/Clutch Issues

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by BigChris119, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Hi All,

I'm jumping into this forum without preamble.

About a year ago I got my hands on a 2004 Honda CB1300 with about 40K on the clock. About 6 months after I got it, I started hearing (and feeling) vibrations and what can only be described as a grinding noise when under acceleration.

The noise is only audible when under acceleration in first or second gears and only when the RPM is under about 4000.

I can't figure if it's a gearbox issue or clutch problem. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

2. Mate wrong place " Welcome lounge and birthday Greetings Please read before jumping ""
  3. Thanks mate.

Now I just need to figure out how to move it and to where
  4. Don't worry Chris, a mod will move it for you. Don't know about your issue - best take the bike to a mechanic. If it's anything major, the motor could seize and you could find yourself kissing bitchumen.

Welcome to NR - hope you find the answers you're looking for :) (y)
  5. Technical Troubleshooting Torque .all good and yes ^^^^^ only a mod can move your post .

Good Luck with your bike I would have it checked out by someone that knows what there doing and get them to give you a price before they do any work come back on here and see what others Think to make sure your not being ripped off .