Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CB1100R concept could reach production

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by pro-pilot, Jan 9, 2008.

1. me too, me too!!!
  2. It looks like an Cyberman from Dr. Who :grin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very nice :cool:

So on past "Jap concept bikes into production" anyone got an idea of what one of these would go for?
  4. the CB1300 that you can buy today is a nice bike and this one even more so, I love it :cool: :cool:
  5. Hey, you're spot on... :D
  6. Nice to see some bikes that are breaking away from the "me tooism" that has dominated bike looks over the last 10 years. Such a yawn.

Glad there is a bit of innovation coming back. Not my cup of tea but kudos to Big Red for doing something outside the square.
  7. Pewtrid!!!!!!

All the more reason to hate the red wing
  8. two things:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    ugly bikes need luvin too.

personally i like the retro look
  9. That bike looks like arse.

I said before in another thread about this, the 80's isn't something that's cool yet. It's rotten and full of fanny fat, high belts and mood shirts. The 50's, 60's and 70's were all great, but not the 80's yet.

Personally I thought Yamaha's XV1100 was a cracker, released about the same time.
  10. Im really stating to get ashamed to ride a honda :(

Looks like ass

kill it, kill it dead
  11. Draggin up an old thread!

I have been in touch with Honda Australia, & I Quote:

"Hi Michael,

Thank you for your recent email.

The official launch date of the Honda CB1100R is yet to be 100% confirmed, however, it is hoped that it will be able to offer it for purchase in Australia.

Fairly noncommittal, but still awesome! I know this bike seems to split opinions, but I love it. I would sell my soul to own one.

Any one have any idea what an air Cooled i4 could put out these days? :grin:
  12. :shock: Just for a minute I thought Pro-Pilot was back :LOL:.
  13. I love this thing. Do not underestimate the reverence some people have for the Japanese sports bike from the 80's.
  14. Just me Hornet, sorry to get your hopes up! :LOL:
  15. Love it! Make it Honda and I will buy one!
  16. hahaha me 3 :LOL:
  17. Doesn't mean they want to ride one again though (many are slow, heavy, under braked, undertyred anchors by today's standards) .....and alot of them are still around.....why buy one new?

Apart from this bike's styling, theres plenty of naked, "lazy" overweight, 1lt+, aircooled, twin rear shocked bikes on the market.....XJR1300, bandits (although watercooled now) etc etc

Honda should get the joke, Build "us" a 30kg lighter vfr800, a vtr600/650 (with lams option), a "serious" street fighter vtr1000 and an injected thoroughly modern 2 stroke NSR250+.....(oh a modern vfr400 would be nice too)