Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Honda CB1100 Promotional Video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Captain_Slow, Dec 2, 2012.

1. This is one of my favourite motorcycling videos. It captures the simple pleasures and freedoms of motorcycling. I rather like the soundtrack too (download link here).

Does anyone know the city the motorcyclist is riding through from 1:20 to 2:08? Somewhere in New Zealand perhaps?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Wanaka, Sth Island?? The airport in the clip is in Wanaka, so I assumed the city was the same.

It is a good clip.
  3. i used to watch this video on a near daily basis for almost a whole year when it first came out, it was as close as i could get to motorcycling while i was saving for my first bike. I just wish he was going a little harder in the corners.
  4. Thanks Meags, but I had a look in Google Street-View and cannot seem to find the same city streets and corners. I'm thinking perhaps in one of the larger cities.
  5. I know where you're coming from, but it's not always about going as hard and fast as possible. There comes a time when a relaxing change of pace is exactly what's needed, more pleasurable. This, of course, is the beauty of motorcycling. As we change, it continues to deliver on a different level.

Nice find, Captain_Slow (y)
  6. Thanks!
  7. What a good looking bike!
  8. That looks like a nice place to ride...